1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I went to be at Hour 18 when I was getting tired. I wish I had been awake a little longer.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I don’t think either of the books I spent a lot of time with — Frozen in Time or World War Z — fit the bill. I liked both a lot, but they were slower reads.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope. Awesome as always.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
For me personally, I think doing Tumblr updates worked well. Between that an Instagram, I think I was able to do updates quickly and have a good record of my readathon. I’m curious what others thought though — how did you do your updates?
5. How many books did you read?
I read one, listened to part of one, and read part of another.
What were the names of the books you read?
Frozen in Time by Mitchell Zuckoff, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, and World War Z by Max Brooks (almost done).
6. Which book did you enjoy most?
Probably Frozen in Time.
7. Which did you enjoy least?
I couldn’t pick. I liked them all.
8. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
As long as the date works, 100 percent likely. I actually like the fall readathon better — when it’s just starting to get chilly out, I always feel like staying inside to read all day.
Pages Read: 599
Books Read: 2.75 — I finished Frozen in Time by Mitchell Zuckoff and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and am nearly done with World War Z by Max Brooks
Time Spent Reading: About 8 hours, 18 minutes
Time Spent Listening: 58 minutes
Snacks Consumed: Late at night is when the junk food came out… chocolate chip cookies, Gummi Savers, Cheddar Quakes, a nutty bar, strawberries and a Diet Mtn. Dew. Whew!
I am… tired!
Other Stuff: I was really trying to finish World War Z before I went to bed, but I’m starting to doze off in my chair and I have a least an hour of reading left… so that’s not going to happen. I’m going to head to bed and read there until I fall asleep.
Happy Readathon, everyone. It’s been a fun time!
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
I was getting tired, but I took a break to go to a potluck/variety show for dinner and now I’m feeling excited again.
2) What have you finished reading?
I finished reading Frozen in Time by Mitchel Zuckoff and I finished listening to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
3) What is your favorite read so far?
Probably Frozen in Time, since I spent the most time with it.
4) What about your favorite snacks?
I made some killer chocolate chip cookies last night and they are excellent.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
I have not been keeping track… one new blogger I met through comments is Laura Ashlee at Owl Tell You About It.
Pages Read: 421
Books Read: I’m in the middle of World War Z by Max Brooks, and previously finished Frozen in Time and Mockingjay.
Time Spent Reading: 5 hours, 18 minutes
Time Spent Listening: 58 minutes
Snacks Consumed: This afternoon I had more cucumbers, some cheddar rice cakes, tea, and Gummi Savers.
I am… tired.
Other Stuff: I’m taking an evening break from the readathon to go to a potluck and variety show being hosted by a local arts organization. Hopefully I’ll feel more energetic when I come home in a few hours. If not, I see some Diet Mtn. Dew in my future.